Forest Stewardship Online Workshop:
Plan for the Future of Your Land
December 14, 2011, 1-4 pm, ET; Recorded and broadcast live via Polycom from the University of Florida Campus to Extension facilities in Alachua, Baker, Clay, Gadsden, Highlands, Holmes, Jackson, Lake, Madison, Miami-Dade, Nassau, Osceola, Polk, Santa Rosa and Walton Counties.
Looking to the future, have you considered what is to happen to your land when you are gone? Succession planning is the process of setting up a smooth transition between you and the future owners of your property. While estate planning is an important part of the process of passing the land on to the next owner, estate planning alone will not ensure that the property will be owned and managed in the future as you intend. When land is passed to heirs intact and with clear visions about how it is to be managed and why, the land is much more likely to be kept intact and managed as a legacy to the parents. This can establish a pattern for future generations. This workshop provides guidance on effective succession planning, an estate tax update and important estate planning tips and guidance on conservation planning options and associated tax benefits.
Recorded Presentations and Materials
Much THANKS to Glen Graham and Ron Thomas at IFAS Communication Services for their superb work recording these presentations. The links below will take you to Accordent videos where you can see the presenter and their slides and listen to their presentation.
- Program Introduction, Succession & Estate Planning, Chris Demers, UF-IFAS School of Forest Resources & Conservation;Dr. Michael Gutter, Assistant Professor, UF-IFAS Department of Family Youth and Community Sciences
Conservation Planning and Tax Benefits, Busy Kislig-Shires Byerly, Conservation Trust for Florida
- Program Agenda and Presenter Contacts, 2 pgs (pdf)
- Dr. Michael Gutter's Presentation notes, 10 pgs (pdf)
- Busy Shires Byerly's Presentation notes, 4 pgs (pdf)
- Resource Page - Links and Publications, 1 pg (pdf)
- Ownership Sucession - Plan Now for the Future of Your Land, 4 pgs (pdf)
- Easement Purchase Program Guide, 4 pgs (pdf)
- Conservation Funding Options Chart, 5 pgs (pdf)
- Conservation Tax Benefits, 4 pgs (pdf)
- Workshop Evaluation, 2 pgs (pdf)