This section provides information on the laws, statutes, and rules related to silvicultural activities. This section should not be used as the final authority on any of the topics discussed, but as an introduction to some of the things you need to consider when carrying out silvicultural activities on your land.
For more detailed information, see the below References.
- Wetlands Regulations
- Surface Waters Regulations
- Threatened & Endangered Species
- Pesticide Regulations
- Waste Oil Disposal
- Prescribed Burning Regulations
- Florida's Silviculture Best Management Practices
- Anon. 1997. Environmental Law Manual. Florida Forestry Association, Tallahassee, FL.
- Greis, J., W. Hubbard. A Landowner's Guide to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Forested Wetlands in the South. Environmental Protection Agency and the Southeastern Cooperative Extension Service.
- Mitsch, W.J. 1993. Wetlands. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York. 722 pp.
- Odum, H.T., E.C. Odum, and M.T. Brown. 1992. Environment and Society in Florida - The Three E's of Florida: Energy, Ecology, and Economics. Center for Environmental Policy, Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville. 418 pp.
- Robinson, W.L. and E.G. Bolen. 1989. Wildlife Ecology and Management. Macmillan Publishing Company, New York. 574 pp.