Project Learning Tree® (PLT) is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12. PLT is an initiative of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
To advance sustainability through forest-focused collaborations
A world that values and benefits from sustainably managed forests.
To advance environmental literacy, stewardship, and career pathways using trees and forests as windows on the world.
To help acheive this goal, we:
- Provide students with the awareness, appreciation, skills, and commitment to address environmental issues.
- Enable students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking skills to resolve environmental problems.
- Help students acquire an appreciation for and tolerance of diverse viewpoints on environmental issues and develop attitudes and actions based on analysis and evaluation of the available information.
- Encourage creativity, originality, and flexibility to resolve environmental problems and issues.
- Inspire and empower students to become responsible, productive, and participatory members of society.