The resources below will assist our current Plant Breeding Graduate Program (PBGP) students to successfully meet the requirements for their degree program:
- Plant Breeding Graduate Student and Faculty Handbook: these are the sanctioned rules, policies, and regulations to be followed by both graduate students and faculty to meet their degree requirements and all deadlines as established by the UF Graduate School and the PBGP.
- The UF Graduate Catalog published by the Graduate School is The University of Florida's official record of graduate policies, critical dates, deadlines, course descriptions and other graduate education regulations.
- Program of Study: form that lists all the proposed coursework (core and elective courses) each semester until graduation. Deadline for submission to the supervisory committee is by the end of the third semester.
- Research Prospectus: one-page document to help student focus on her/his particular research project. It is the basis for writing a full research proposal during the second year in the program. Deadline for submission to the supervisory committee is by the end of the third semester.
- Annual Student Evaluation: this annual evaluation will assess the student’s: 1. academic performance and research progress, and 2. job performance as a graduate assistant. The evaluation must be signed by the student and advisor after a joint meeting. PBGP evaluations are usually due on (date TBD).
- IDP (Individual Development Plan): All Ph.D. students at UF must develop an IDP with input from their major advisor. The IDP is an open-ended, student-driven document, created to help students align their personal and professional goals with their academic expectations and responsibilities. Additional IDP information can be found at CALS and the Graduate School. IDPs are due at the same time as PBGP annual evaluations (date TBD).
- PBGP Orientation Slides